Home > Programs of Study

Programs of Study


Agricultural Education

Are you interested in becoming an agricultural teacher and FFA advisor at a high school or middle school? If so, consider coming to the University of Mount Olive to major in Agricultural Education. While completing a bachelor’s degree students can prepare to earn a teacher license to teach agriculture in 6th through 12th grade. Though a high school agricultural education teacher is the most popular career, graduates may also be interested in other positions within a school system including: Dr. Maddox and David Thomas

  • Career Development Coordinator
  • Career & Technical Education Director
  • School Administrator
  • Regional or State Agricultural Education Coordinator

Agricultural Education Degree Sheet

Agricultural Production Systems

Have you already earned your associate degree in agriculture or a related area? UMO’s Agricultural Production Systems degree will help you  achieve your goal of completing a four year degree in agriculture in just 2 years! UMO has made transferring to complete a 4-year degree easier than ever. By utilizing up to 64 hours of community college credit you can complete a degree in Agricultural Production Systems in two years at UMO.

UMO also offers concentrations within Agricultural Production Systems for students who want to earn a bachelor’s degree at the University of Mount Olive in one of the following fields of agriculture:


Alaina Teaching

Associate Degree

The University of Mount Olive has developed partnerships with local school systems to provide courses to high school students. As a result, UMO has developed an Associate of Science degree in Agriculture. Students in participating academies can either earn an associate degree as a part of the program or can do so within a semester of graduating from high school, given they meet the requirements to earn the degree. Students can then continue at UMO toward their bachelor’s degree and all coursework from the associate degree will transfer toward the four-year degree.

For more information, please contact the Agriculture Division at (919) 658-7682.